Beyond just a ride, it is an experiance!
Beyond Ride’s Commitment to Health and Safety – COVID-19 Policies
The safety of our members and providers is always our top priority. Beyond Ride is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and we are making the following updates to our operations in consultation with our many stakeholders and healthcare experts:
- We have provided guidance to our transportation providers regarding vehicle and personal cleanliness. All guidance was based on information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and included information on hand washing, ways to clean and sanitize their vehicles, recommendations on staying healthy, and guidelines on what to do if you feel ill.
- We have been working with our partner health plans to craft and send guidance to members, including information on when a member should stay home, when they should seek alternative forms of medical support such as telemedicine, and when they should avoid using transportation.
- Our contact center agents will work directly with members to assess their medical conditions and needs, and redirect them to alternative resources if appropriate. Specific protocols have been developed in consultation with Beyond Ride’s partners and provided to stakeholders.
Because our transportation providers are such an important link between our members and their healthcare appointments, we are making the following changes to protect them during this time:
- We have updated our business continuity plans and enacted those protocols where warranted.
- We have updated guidance to all transportation providers regarding members who have tested positive for COVID-19, are exhibiting specific symptoms of COVID-19, or who have been in close contact with others who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, including what actions to take if the member is seeking treatment for non-urgent conditions, or if they need urgent or emergent treatment.
- We have advised transportation providers to use extreme caution when picking up members from inside facilities. We recommend that the member be brought to the vehicle by a facility worker if possible.
- We will continue working with our partners, customers, facilities, and members to report critical information and reschedule non-critical trips.
- Beyond Ride is actively working to procure any available PPE it can for its IDP fleet, and will advise and distribute in local markets where available. In addition, we are advising our third-party operator fleet to do the same for their drivers.
Beyond Ride has begun operational planning to become an option for delivering necessities such as food and medication to affected members. In addition, large proportions of members have previously opted in to Beyond Ride’s SMS services, so we will begin to coordinate messaging campaigns for information related to COVID-19 or otherwise.
We will be monitoring developments and continue to be in close communication with all stakeholders should the need to change these policies arise.